Extra-curricular Music Lessons & Clubs
We offer extra-curricular music lessons for all ages and abilities. Lessons are arranged directly with the school and are provided by our Peripatatic Teachers.
For full details on the instrument lessons we offer, prices and an application form please see the documents below:
- In brief
- We offer 30 lessons per year and spread them across the three terms trying to offer 10 lessons per term
- group lessons are £60 per term (your child may receive a 15 minute weekly lesson if we are unable to place them in a compatible group). In some lessons we offer 30 minute individual lessons for 5 weeks (currently Brass and Voice Coaching).
- Individual lessons:
- 20 minutes per week - £90
- 30 minutes per week - £150
- There is a subsidy for students receiving FSMs of £30 per term for 10 group lessons (this information will be checked via the school's database). We are unable to offer a subsidy for individual lessons.
- In brief
Timetables: Brass / Drums / Guitar / Piano/Keyboard / Violin / Voice Coaching / Woodwind
- Please note, we do not supply instruments for lessons. If this is your first lesson at Bishopshalt School and you do not possess the instrument you wish to learn you may be able to borrow an instrument for your first lesson (please advise in advance). Following this you will need to purchase/hire an instrument. Please speak with your peripatetic tutor to discuss the best instrument for you and the best places to purchase the instrument.
please make all payments for music lessons via Parentpay. If you have had a lesson previously you should have the appropriate link for payment in ParentPay. If you cannot see the payment link or are new to lessons please contact Mrs Harvell who will be able to give you access to payment for these lessons. The payment system has been set up with a default of £90 however this can be changed to reflect the amount you need to pay.
TERMINATION OF LESSONS
If you have been receiving lessons and wish to terminate your tuition (at the end of the current term) please email Mrs Harvell as soon as possible - if possible please can you state your reason for cancelling so we can take any feedback into account.
Forms can either be printed off and returned to:
Miss Cooper, Room 1, Bishopshalt School, Royal Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3RF
or completed and email to: email@example.com
Miss Cooper co-ordinates these lessons and can be contacted if necessary as follows:
Telephone: 01895 233909 (ext 1377)
Please note Mrs Harvell works part-time and is in the office (term time only) on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 9.30am - 2pm.
PAYMENT DEADLINE DATES - 2017/18
- Autumn Term 2017 - Friday 10 July 2017
- Spring Term 2018 - Friday 8th December 2017
- Summer Term 2018 - Friday 23rd March 2018
The 2018 concert will take place on THURSDAY 14th JUNE AT 4PM IN THE MUSIC BLOCK. There is no need to book, please arrive in plenty of time for a 4pm start. We look forward to seeing you there.