Non Fiction (information) Books
- Non-fiction books are arranged on the shelves in the centre of the LRC according to the Dewey Decimal System (i.e. by number). The LRC has a large selection of non-fiction books (approx. 7000) covering all aspects of the National Curriculum and areas of general interest.
- There is a comprehensive Reference section comprising three encyclopaedias (Britannica, Colliers and World Book), numerous dictionaries, thesauruses, atlases and a set of Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Guides.
The LRC resources are regularly evaluated and withdrawn as necessary to:
- Keep stock relevant to the National Curriculum and broader curriculum.
- Support the aims and objectives of the school and the school’s policies on Equal Opportunities, multi-cultural/anti-racist and gender/anti-sexist issues.
- To display stock that is attractive and relevant to students so that they are encouraged to read and learn.