Year 9 Options 2021
Unfortunately, this year we are unable to hold our Options events in the usual format, where you would have been afforded the opportunity to visit the school and speak to Heads of Departments regarding subjects that you may be considering. Instead, we have provided all the information needed to recreate the experience virtually.
As you will be aware, the GCSE Options process has already commenced; parents and pupils have had the chance to take part in some initial events:
- Year 9 will have had an Options Talk delivered during their assemblies and tutor time.
- Year 9 parents had the chance to chat to teachers about their child’s progress during the virtual Parents’ Evening held on 21 January
Key Dates and Information
- Presentations setting out the options process for parents are available below. Please do take a look so you can be aware how to best advise your child in selecting their GCSE subjects
- Each subject lead has prepared a short film about what their subject offers for GCSE study. The links can be found below; have a look at any subject which you may be considering alongside the options booklet.
- Miss Berry, Assistant Head and Director of Studies for Year 9 will email a link to the options form on the evening of Monday 8th February. This must be completed and submitted by Sunday 21st February 2021.
- Options Interviews with a senior member of staff to discuss and finalise your choices will start from a date still to be confirmed.
- The final confirmation of Option Choices must be submitted week commencing Monday 7 June 2021
Click on the icon below and read the options booklet carefully. Your aim should be to get as much advice as possible and make a wide choice of courses. If you have any questions, contact the Assistant Head responsible for the Options process, your Head of Year and your Form tutor during assemblies and tutor time.
|Design & Technology||Drama|
|Food & Nutrition||Geography|
|Health & Social Care||History|
|Modern Foreign Languages||Music|
|Religious Studies||Textiles video & slides|